This dish is a wonderful way to showcase the fall root vegetables. Whenever I make this dish, it makes me feel like I’ve created the taste of the leaves changing. If you cannot find delicata squash,replace it with a peeled and diced butternut squash. You can also use roasted pumpkin, which would have to be roasted separately and cut into similar sized pieces.
Makes 4 side servings
1 delicata squash, halved and sliced to 1/2 inch pieces
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch squares
2 rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
16 (or so) brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 white onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
3-4 tbs olive oil
1 tbs finely minced fresh rosemary
1 tbs finely minced fresh thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After all of the vegetables are chopped, toss with olive oil and herbs. Place on a large baking dish where the vegetables can all be in one, single layer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Shown above served with pesto chicken and arugula salad.