This is by far my favorite way to cook salmon. Salmon is a fatty fish, which means that it can take on some pretty bold flavors. This “sophisticated honey mustard” packs on the flavor with just a few, simple ingredients. Less is always more in the kitchen when you use the best products. I prefer to use whole grain Dijon mustard if you can find it, but any strong Dijon works fine. The same goes for the maple syrup: finer quality means that you only need a few tablespoons for a sweet and piney taste that is the signature to this meal.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Baking Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
4, 6oz pieces wild caught salmon
3 tbs whole grain Dijon mustard (Trader Joe’s brand is the best)
2-3 tbs maple syrup
½ tsp cayenne pepper
juice of 1 lemon
TT salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Mix together mustard, syrup, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl. For a sweeter salmon use all 3 tbs of syrup, for a salmon with more of a spicy kick only use 2 tbs syrup.
- Use a spoon and generously top the salmon pieces with the mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes for medium, closer to 17 minutes for well done.