Coffee Crusted Ribeyes
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
3 tbs chili powder
3 tbs ground coffee (a bold blend is best)
2 tbs paprika
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs dry mustard
1 tbs kosher salt
1 tbs ground black pepper
1 tbs garlic spice
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
2 bone-in ribeyes, about 2 inches thick (roughly 1½ lbs each)
3 tbs canola oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk all of the spices in the spice blend together. If you are using whole spices, process them all in a food processor. Lay the spice blend in a baking dish or on a large plate.
3. Season the steaks on both sides with a bit of salt and pepper. Brush both sides with canola oil. Press the steaks into the spice blend, making sure to cover all sides very well.
4. Heat a large cast iron pan over high heat on the stove top. Add a small drizzle of canola oil and cook the steaks for 3 minutes per side, flipping once halfway between. Remove the steaks from the cast iron onto a baking sheet. Cook the steaks in the oven for 8-10 minutes for a medium-rare finish. If you like the steaks more of a medium- medium well, cook them for 12 minutes.
5. Remove the steaks from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before slicing into them.