I basically took all of my favorite ingredients on an antipasta plate and blended them together to make this Baked Feta Dip. It is super versatile and makes for a great appetizer at any meal. I love how savory it is with the sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and creamy feta. I also love that it can be served piping hot or at room temperature, so you aren’t limited to what time of the year you can make it. Save yourself some time by buying most of the ingredients at the salad bar in your grocery store. You can also buy just what you need so you don’t have a bunch of random leftover jars and bottles in your refrigerator.
Baked Feta Dip
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
2 vine tomatoes
12 kalamata olives, pits removed
6 artichokes hearts, drained
3 large sun dried tomatoes, drained
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1½ tbs olive oil, divided
cracked black pepper
¾ cup soft feta cheese
crostini toasts and mixed veggies for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and 1 tbs olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Remove into a medium bowl.
3. Core the tomatoes and put them into the food processor. Strain the tomatoes with a fine colander to remove most of the excess juices from the tomatoes. Add them to the kalamata olive mix.
4. Mix the dip ingredients together and season well with black pepper. Add a little salt, but just a bit. Most of the ingredients have a lot of salt in them already.
5. Put the mix into a baking dish that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Put the feta on top of the mix and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and toasty.