Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes
4- 6 oz pieces of salmon
2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sriracha
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
zest and juice of one large orange
2 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs sesame seeds
My Mixed Vegetable Blend:
½ head of broccoli, florets only
1 red bell pepper, small dice
10 baby carrots, small dice
1 small vadallia onion, small dice
1 clove of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay a sheet of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet. Evenly space the salmon skin side down onto the sheet. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the first six ingredients of the sauce together (soy sauce to sesame oil). If you like your food particularly spicy, feel free to add in another teaspoon or two of sriracha. Spoon the sauce evenly over the four pieces of salmon. I usually cut up the remaining parts of the orange as well and leave it around the salmon for extra flavor. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the salmon and bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on the doneness that you prefer.
4. If you want to make the veggie mix, heat a large saute pan with a drizzle of oil. Add all of the vegetables and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
5. Remove the salmon from the oven and gently detach the filet from the skin with a knife. Serve the salmon and extra sauce over a heaping spoonful of vegetables.